Each month the McNair Travel Club participates in various Community Service Projects around Atlanta. The purpose is to promote civic responsibility, increase personal growth, and prepare for our international excursion to Peru, South America which includes community service. The following is a sample of a few activities past, present & future:
1. Gateway Homeless Shelter: Deliver toiletries & school supplies to the Gateway Homeless Shelter on Pryor Street.
2. Beep Baseball: Assist the Center for Visually Impaired at Coan Recreation Center with a baseball game. Click Here for Center for Visually Impaired
3. 3rd Annual Fit 4 Lit 5K Run/Walk: Help Communities in Schools with registration & course or participate.
4. Hank Stewart Foundation: Participate in the Youth Financial Planning Workshop at the Auburn Research Library. Click Here for Hank Stewart Foundation
5. Atlanta Contact Point: Join numerous sports to get fit and learn better nutrition alternatives. Click Here for Atlanta Contact Point
6. Hands On Atlanta Day: Restore & renew Atwood Community Garden. Pull weeds, lay mulch & tend to the garden. Click Here for Hands On Atlanta
7. Covington Horse Stables: Clean stalls, restore grounds, maintain horses & ride the horses.
8. College Tours: Tour Clemson University, Alabama State, Auburn & Tuskegee with Fountain of Hope.
9. Meals for Seniors: Help pack & deliver meals for seniors. Click Here for Senior Connection
10. Homeless Youth: Facilitate a class, prepare meals, host a drive for Homeless Youth age 18 to 21 at the Covenant House. Click Here for the Covenant House
11. Camp Toccoa Work Weekend: Work outdoors to maintain the facility & trails (overnight trip). Click Here for Camp Toccoa
12. Teacher Appreciation Day: Submit pictures & stories about teachers who inspire you, and help a teacher after school. Click Here to Submit pictures or stories or Click Here for Grants