Monday, April 28, 2014

Camp Toccoa Work Weekend

McNair Travel Club participated in several Community Service Projects at Camp Toccoa in Stephens County, Georgia.  Students divided into smaller groups while working together to complete their tasks.  The weather was perfect for working hard & playing harder!!!

  1. Trim debris throughout walking trails
  2. Clear unwanted weeds at the lake
  3. Cleaning stalls at the horse stables
  4. Dust & sanitizing equipment
  5. Organize riding boots
  6. Stack chairs & clear the tables in the cafeteria.
A special thank you goes to chaperons:  Ms. Calhoun (Librarian), Mr. Jeff Ferguson (Travel Club volunteer & member), Mr. Jerone Sampson (Travel Club volunteer & member), and Camp Representative Kyle ;)

Plenty of time to do team building activities, enjoy the breathtaking views, build a camp fire to roast marshmallows for smores, go hiking at night/day, and play in the waterfall.


Morning Sunrise at Camp Toccoa
Photo
Divassi took a moment to enjoy the Sunrise.
Photo
Lucia soaks up the sun like all the moss around her.
The Human Knot needs to be untied...You Can Do It!
Photo
Good Job working on Communication Skills!!!
Photo
The perfect spot for an over the edge picnic!
Photo
Darryl would have carried a few more chairs, but couldn't find Peter...go figure.
Photo
Let's get to work Jeff!
Photo

More pictures & videos will be uploaded as we collaborate & share!
Also visit Camp Toccoa online for summer camp information.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The McNair travel club and friends had an absolutely fabulous time this weekend at Camp Toccoa. Every activity was A+ and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend excursion.

Anonymous said...

The experience at camp Toccoa was very fun and life serving. I would encourage other to seek interest so we may go back some time.

Sleepynico said...

To end the story, it was well planned and a great idea by Ms. Hastie. Overall this experience was great and I will remember it for the rest of my life. I hope new members of the club will take this opportunity seriously. Thank you for the opportunity to experience this during my last semester of high school.

Anonymous said...

Ok so this Camp Toccoa trip was fun. I did a lot of trimming trees, but it was still fun. We ate meals, smores, fruits, and juices. The other people who came were really funny. It was a good experience. We had enjoyment and also helped out the camp, so that was nice. The sunset and sunrise views were really breathtaking! -lucia

Maronda Hastie said...

I'm glad you all had fun while working to help others! I hope you share your new experiences with others so more of your peers will join us! Hiking, camping, tending to the horse stables, more hiking in the moonlight, the waterfall, getting up early to see the sun rise, team building activities, and clearing out the lake was all worth it!!! The Camp Toccoa Staff were gracious & I look forward to another eventful service project with them!

Unknown said...

I had a good time at Camp Toccoa because I did things I have never done before. I learned how to work as a team and use leadership skills.

Kemarr Lowe said...

my experience at camp Toccoa was a life learning lesson I meet new people and experienced things I have never done in life before it will a memory that is ever lasting thank you to all the new people I meet and all I new experiences I have enjoyed camp Toccoa was a life learning experience this is unforgettable